Image Map

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Favorite [School] Apps

Welcome to another installment of Techie Tuesday! Since I am starting school this week some of my posts are going to be more college-y themed. If you are reading and your not currently a college student, I promise some of the tips will be useful to everyone so I encourage you not to shy away. For this weeks Techie Tuesday I am going to share some of my favorite apps that I use for school and tell you why I like them and how I use them.

The first app I want to talk about it called Quizlet.
While it also has it's own online fully functional website, it also has a fantastic app. Basically Quizlet let's you create your own sets of virtual flashcards. As far as I know there are no limitations to how many sets that you can create, and the app, and online use are both free. 

Now personally I like to use the web version to create my flashcards, and then use the mobile app to study them. This is because it is a lot easier to create them from a computer because you can type them faster than on your phone. I also think that it a fantastic solution to having to buy index cards, then write everything down, and then trying to remember to carry them around to study them. With the app they are right there with you all the time and you can just pop them out and study whenever you have a free moment. Hands down this is just an overall fantastic app.
The web version>>>>here
Download on iTunes>>>>here

The second app I want to talk about is iStudiez Pro.
This app is basically a dedicated school calendar management app. Instead of using say google calendar to remind you when an assignment is due, you can use iStudiez pro. It lets you input the semester, then your classes along with times, professors, and room numbers. Then once you have that done you can add assignments, and then set the priority of the assignment along with different reminders to let you know that you need to work on it. I think it is one of the best things I have used to keep my assignments organized, and when you get a syllabus at the beginning of the semester you can go through and input assignments, and then you won't have to worry about adding them weekly. 
Their website>>>>here
Download on iTunes here>>>>here

The next app I want to talk about is Dropbox.
Now I'm sure that a lot of people already know about this app, so i'll keep this short. I love this app because it is great for keeping a second copy of important documents, like papers or projects. Also I use it to store all of the pictures that I take on my phone. All around this app has so many storage uses, and if you are worried about not having enough space, don't. There are so many ways that you get free space, you should always have enough. 
The Website>>>>here
Download on iTunes>>>>here

So those are 3 of my favorite and most used apps for school. What are yours?
Grab the button and link-up your own Techie Tip, or just leave me a comment!


Mint Sparkles

 photo MSSignaturePM_zpsae66abe2.png

5 comments:

  1. I loveeee when you do these techie posts! They are the best! I never know this stuff!
    xo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dropbox! I wish I knew about the other two in college!

    http://showeredwithdesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your blog and I've nominated you for the Liebster Award (kind of like a chain letter thing). You can check it out on my blog: http://hyperactivedaydream.blogspot.ca

    It would be awesome if you continued it, but I understand if you don't - you should, however, check it out :)

    xo, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quizlet and dropbox are amazing! :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with Quizlet...and now I now there is an app. YES!

    Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Here is a link to my post about it: http://kimberlyschronicle.blogspot.com/2014/01/liebstar-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Check it Out!

Link Within