Image Map

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Erin Condren Planner Review

WHEW. This post has been a long time coming. I finally took the plunge and ordered an Erin Condren planner in November, and received it around the end of December. I have been using it for a little while now, but it's getting some real use this week since I just started school so now I am really going to see if it works out for me. But in the meantime I wanted to share an overall review of the planner from its unboxing.

So this is the unboxing of the planner itself (note: it did come with some pretty pink tissue paper but I took these pictures a bit later, so the paper got thrown away). As you can see it was well secured with bubble wrap, and also came with a cute little envelope on top.
The envelope included some cute personalized gift tags, and just general stickers that would be great to stick on a binder (so that if you lost it someone would know it was yours) and the gift tags that would be great to apply to a last minute gift.
Here is the front view of the planner, along with the inside cover. It has a space where you could write your name and whatnot but since my name is already on the front I didn't see much point in filling in that space.
The planner itself has awesome laminated tabs, that make it really easy to find what you're looking for. This is just a sample of my week view. I use my planner mostly to keep track of school stuff, and in the picture on the left you can see the you can see I used some fully sticky sticky notes to kind of block off my school schedule in my planner until I get the hang of it. Then I use the small space at the bottom to write down the blog post that I am doing for that day. I also use two of the awesome ruler inserts [they just snap into the coils of the planner wherever you need them] to mark off the month and the week.
Now this was overall the only flaw in my planner. They accidentally included two january month pages in my planner. Not really that big of a deal but I ended up not being able to rip it out because I wrote on the back of that extra page before I realized that it was there.
There is a great double sided pocket, and a small pouch to hold things in the back of the planner.
The picture on the left here is just showing you the extras that I ordered for my planner. I ordered the keep it together band that you can use to keep your planner secure while in your bag, and I also ordered the stick on pen holder so that I would always have a pen handy to use.
The there is the sticker section, which for me was one of the main reasons that I purchased this planner. I love that fact that it not only comes with sticker but that you can order personalized ones as well. I have made good use of the birthday stickers that are provided, but in all honesty there is not way that I will use that entire page in one year. Then I also ordered stickers for bills (rent, car, phone insurance) and then a page worth of homework stickers, and stickers for finals and midterms.
Then this is the back of my planner, which is the same as the front minus my name. And it also came with an awesome 10 off coupon that I can use on another purchase! I have actually been eyeing their iPad smart cover stickers because I have a green smart cover that doesn't really get used cause I later decided that I wasn't a huge fan of the color.

So there you have it, my review of my fantastic Erin Condren planner. One thing I would say is that this is a planner for people who have a lot of stuff that they need to keep track of. If you only have a few things here and there then this is probably not the planner for you (mainly because of the $50 price tag). Even that being said I would definitely recommend this planner.

Hopefully soon I will not only being doing a little follow up on my planner, as it now has more in it because school is officially back in session, but I also plan to do a review for you on the awesome pens that I found that I am using with my planner.

**note: I was not compensated for this post in anyway. I am just a fan who purchased this planner and wanted to do a review of it to help other people out!** 
 photo MSSignaturePM_zpsae66abe2.png

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE my EC planner! And I have the same one ! Unfortunately they've gotten some bad happenings from all there QC mistakes, but I know they'll fix it. :) So glad you love yours!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm saving up for the planner and ($26 of shipping to Alaska, sheesh!) for the next school year. I've been eyeing them since about July of last year, but I couldn't justify it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this post! I've never ever heard of Erin Condren Planners before! I always just use the May Books. Thanks for sharing!!

    Ali
    http://in-bloom-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Check it Out!

Link Within