Image Map

Thursday, January 30, 2014

How Do You Stay Motivated?

I have a real and honest question. How do you stay motivated? I just want to say that as a college student that has classes and then free time (which is technically studying time) I have a hard time saying to myself, "Ashley, you have to get off Netflix (Hulu, the internet, ect...) and do your homework now." I try to keep myself motived by making a study schedule, writing down all my assignments on my planner as soon as I get the syllabus for each class, putting reminders in Google calendar. But the kicker is that it's still hard for me to actually sit down and get things done, and get things done ahead of time. I think part of it is because I get so sucked into how easy it is to procrastinate. With so much technology at our fingertips every second of everyday its so easy to get distracted. We check our phones every five seconds, look at countless random things on the internet, and have a slew of TV shows and movies instantly at our fingertips. As a college student I have to remind myself that I am responsible for my education. No matter the amount of encouraging, and reminding that our professors provide us with it all comes down to us. We have to read that chapter, take notes, study flashcards, and finish assignments.



I do not think that I am the only college student who struggles with the overwhelming urge to be technologically connected all the time. We've become addicted to it, and that's only partially our fault. I think that the best way to overcome our addiction is to admit it. So I am here today asking all of you to pledge to a study shutdown. When you either have dedicated study time, or you just know you need to study I want to challenge you to disconnect from your phone, computer, or other device that connects you to the outside world. It you must use your computer for your homework, then install a blocker in google chrome that you can turn on that only lets you on school related websites so you have a better chance of staying focused. Turn off the TV, and listen to some music to keep you motivated. Set your phone to silent, not just vibrate. That way you aren't tempted to check it because you think you got a text message, or other notification. Think of your study time not only as your time to focus on bettering yourself as a student, but also a change to unplug from our technology filled world. I think that not only with your grades thank you, but you will thank you for taking time to focus on you and not what everyone else is doing.
I would love for you to join my challenge, all I ask is that you fill out the pledge, and post it on your blog explaining why you choose to take the challenge. Your response definitely doesn't have to be as lengthy as mine, it can be short and sweet. Also I would like it if you would leave a comment with a link to your blog if you decide to take the challenge so that I can come over and read why you want to challenge yourself to shut down your technology while you study.
**just right click and then click save image as**

 photo MSSignaturePM_zpsae66abe2.png

1 comment:

Check it Out!

Link Within