Image Map

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Fit Tip Tuesday! Linking up with The Skinny On Health (TSOH)

Hey guys! I know that this makes two posts in one day but I really wanted to join in on this link-up because of the fact that I just started my workout and healthy eating plan and I want to make sure and hold myself accountable. So every Tuesday you will now get two lovely posts from me, my regular link-up Techie Tuesday, and my link-up post with The Skinny on Health (TSOH). So this week I am going to be sharing with you my workout plan, and next week i'll share my healthy eating plan.
Basically my plan is that I workout 3 times a week. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I picked these days because I only have one class on these days and if for some reason I don't manage to get my workout in in the morning before class I will still have plenty of time to do it in the afternoon. I wanted the flexibility to be able to work on a last minute assignment or homework in the morning if I  needed to, so it's a win win. As you can also see I am planning on alternating my workout between two days of Jillian's No More Trouble Zones workout, and the C25K running app. I picked to do Jillian's workout two times a week because I think that her workout focuses a lot on what I want to see change on my body. But her workouts are also very intense, they are an hour long and right now I have only gotten up to a little over thirty minutes. So that is why I decided to have a break and i'll be running on Wednesdays so that I still get some good cardio in, but its more of a casual workout than super intense. 

So yeah, that's my plan. If you're stopping over from TSOH WELCOME! I hope you'll leave me a comment and take a look around at some of my other posts. And I would be delighted if you decided to follow me!
Fit Tip Tuesday Button
 photo MSSignaturePM_zpsae66abe2.png

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Thanks for linking up love!

    Holding yourself accountable for your workouts is so important. It really helps you commit to working out and making positive health changes. I can't wait to see your eating post next week!

    If you find that time is a big issue, I have a great solution for you. As a grad student, I also struggle with having time and energy to get all my workouts in. But, research has actually shown pretty recently that strength training may be more effective for weight loss goals than cardio is. Both are important, of course, but strength training allows you to boost your metabolism (it is the only thing with scientific proof that it boosts metabolism). So, I keep a couple 8 lbs weights in my apartment. That way, I can do a few minutes of strength training every day. I do it while I'm watching tv (and do push ups/planks during commercials!). I've found that those little bursts of strength workouts give me just as many benefits as a full cardio workout!

    xx
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the fantastic advice! I'm definitely gonna try keeping my weights closer to my couch so instead of checking my phone during a show i'll be more inspired to grab my weights instead

      Delete
  2. Such a great way to stay accountable!! This is the third week of January when most people have already fallen off the bandwagon...not you my friend! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Check it Out!

Link Within