Image Map

Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 Resolved

Ah that old debate lingo popping into this little blog here, haha. Anyways I am here today to give you my resolutions for 2014. I honestly have never really made a list of resolutions so it will be interesting to see how this plays out, and what I actually stick and commit to.


My first resolution is to at least one book every month. Since S got me a kindle for my birthday a few months ago I have been reading a little bit but I used to read a lot more. So that is why I want to read at least one book every month. This months book is The Widow File. I actually started reading it in early December but recently I haven't made much time for myself to read. 

Second, I want to try to eat healthier. Now I know that this is a resolution that a lot of people make and a lot of people don't stick to it. S & I have already started trying to fill our fridge and pantry with healthier food, but our biggest downfall is probably fast food. I'm wanting to get in the habit of cooking more often and finding stuff that is easy too cook for those nights when I don't really feel like cooking. 

Third, workout 3 times a week. Yet another goal that a lot of people make and don't stick too. Well I have been putting off my workouts for too long, so armed with my c25k app I will be starting my workouts in full force next week. I picked 3 times a week because that is what the app goes by, and Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are actually the best days for me to fit in my workout. And yeah I waited till this next week to started because I have been enjoying my last few lazy days, and S having days off, since school is going to start back in just a few weeks.

Four, blog at least 3 times a week. I have a lot of stuff that I want to post on my little slice of the internet, and this resolution is to just help make sure that I dedicate time to this space, and make sure that it doesn't get put on the back burner. I want to grow my blog as much as I can this year!

Fifth, only buy thrifted clothes. I picked this resolution because the fact that I live like 5 minutes away from a mall makes it all too tempting to go there to shop and then I end up spending wayy too much money. So since I know there are also quite a few thrift and second hand stores around here like Plato's Closet, I am going to try going to one of those places when I need clothes. Along with this I am also going to purge my closet within the next week or so and get rid of all of the stuff that I don't wear cause there is a TON. 

Sixth, stay organized. I just bought the most perfect Erin Condren planner, and I really want to commit to using it to help me stay organized. Whether its school, workouts, dinner plans, or bills, I want to make sure that I stay on top of everything so that I can get everything done as efficiently as possible. 

Lastly, I want to stop drinking soda. I have a weakness for Dr. Pepper, and I really want to commit to stop drinking it. I have done it before so I know that it's possible and I can do it. I just came up with an outline of how i'd like to slowly wean myself off it.

So there you have my resolutions of 2014 explained! I'm gonna do a little update, either once or twice a month, to try to use my blog to hold myself accountable for my resolutions, and let you know how I'm doing!

I'm linking up 3 different places today, Denim & Daydreams for her 2014 intentions, with Whit at I Wore Yoga Pants, and with Southern Girl Blog Community for That's Fresh Friday. Check it out!
Crystallize by Lindsey Stirling on Grooveshark
Prototype Mama
 photo MSSignaturePM_zpsae66abe2.png

5 comments:

  1. I love your soda plan. I never have been a soda person but my fiance is addicted, so I am trying to wean him off of it! haha
    xo Would love for you to join in for the Inspire Me 2014 Blog Challenge!
    Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teach me your ways on giving up soda!!!! I love diet coke but I know it's so bad for me!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done it several times by just quitting cold turkey, but it's never stuck. So far this plan is working for me. I like to incorporate other fizzy drinks like the Ocean Spray Sparking Cranberry drinks cause they are delicious!(http://www.oceanspray.com/Products/Juices/Sparkling/Sparkling-Cranberry.aspx) and just try to drink other stuff that I like that isn't Dr. Pepper. I've had days already where I actually haven't felt the need to have the one small soda that i'm allowing myself!

      Delete
  3. i agree with lisa! i love your soda plan—but sadly i love coke so much. i wish you the best and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking I'm going to embrace your soda plan! I need to do better and it's downright ridiculous how much of it I drink. Great goals for 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete

Check it Out!

Link Within