Image Map

Friday, December 6, 2013

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

It's 27 degrees here in Texas! WHAT?! I know, I know everyone freaks out when it snows/ sleets/ ices/ in Texas because Texans have a hard time handling cold weather & or icy road conditions. Not this gal! Even though I was born and raised here in Texas most of my dad's family, including his parents who live here in Texas are from up north where snow and blizzards are the norm. So even as a Texan I was never raised to be afraid of a little snow and ice, especially since Texas generally makes it into a little bit bigger of a deal than it generally is. This is half because, 1. Since Texas rarely sees snow, it is ill equipped to handle snow/ ice situations, and 2. Because most people that live in Texas have no idea of the precautions to take to still be safe driving in snow/ ice. So there is that, and since I could probably go on for days about that I'm just gonna go ahead and move on to what I really came to show y'all today.

It's it pretty? :) It's really just about an inch of ice, and is not good for making snow balls. But at least its nice to look out the window and see everything draped in a blanket of white.

I was a good blogger and suited up in my winter coat, boots, and scarf and braved the cold to take some pictures, because obviously I should document this because it is quite the rare occurrence here.

As you can see by my hair its windy outside and that was a fun element to work with when trying to take pictures. (No not really) 

So there is my snow day documented for posterity.  

Another good thing about the snow day is that  S gets to work from home because the roads are actually too dangerous for him to make his trek to work. So it's nice to have a four day weekend with him. I'm thinking Netflix, movies, hot chocolate, and lots of snuggling is in order! 

 photo MSSignaturePM_zpsae66abe2.png

1 comment:

  1. it's fun to hear about all you southern folk's descriptions of the snow and ice storm! i read some other blogs from the texas area, and they all have the same idea. but i'm glad to hear you aren't afraid of it! i'm from northern indiana so snow and ice and sub freezing temperatures are what i love at this time of year! :)
    Nicole @ A Peek Into New Chapters

    ReplyDelete

Check it Out!

Link Within