Image Map

Monday, April 21, 2014

Mini Desk Makeover

So the other day I realized that my desk was a complete disaster and needed a quick refresh to make it more functional. My desk is really small comparing to some desks and while I like that it is small it also means that if I let it get out of control then it gets crazy. One textbook becomes five and then suddenly my keyboard is sitting in my lap and I'm trying to make sure nothing falls off while I'm working on something.

This is the before:





From the old Whataburger cup to the stack of books and my iPad my desk was just not working. Then there is the big pile of junk you see on the floor. Well less than 30 minutes later I had a clean more organized desk and no more junk just laying on the floor. 

This is after:




Like I said a little refresh makes a big difference. I also picked up this awesome basket from Target yesterday to corral my school books and binders to keep them from getting either left on the desk on strewn all over the floor. It's just so much better and makes me smile. Also if you can't tell by my school basket i'm obsessed with tabbing the chapters in my books #crazyaboutlabeling. Can't beat a clean desk and floor in under 30 minutes. Do you ever go on random little cleaning sprees?

 photo MSSignaturePM_zpsae66abe2.png

3 comments:

  1. Ugh I think you just inspired me! Right now my desk is being used as a "only slightly worn" clothes pile. So not an effective use of the surface!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, i've definitely used my desk as a clothes catcher before so I totally understand!

      Delete

Check it Out!

Link Within