Image Map

Thursday, July 10, 2014

You Need to Try: 2 Ingredient Pancakes

Personally i've never been big on things people deem "healthy recipes". This is generally because a lot of the time I find them to be lacking in flavor and I like my food to taste good. So when I initially stumbled across this recipe I was quite skeptical... But it turned out delicious, and it's boyfriend approved! Also I'm linking up with Katie Did What for her healthy habits linkup, so make sure and check that out for more healthy tips and recipes.


Now the original recipe is from Blogilates and you can check it out here>> 2 Ingredient Pancakes

After reading the comments I decided to make a couple simple additions to the recipe and I think that they were better with those additions. So all you need to make these pancakes are 1 banana & 2 eggs. Super simple right? And these are generally items that most of us already have on hand. I then decided to add a little bit of sugar and cinnamon to the batch I made. Now they already have some sweetness from the banana so I didn't add a lot maybe a couple pinches, and then a couple of shakes of cinnamon.

They were really delicious! And simple!


 Just a few other notes....

- They will not taste like a traditional pancake like most people are used to. Personally to me they tasted a bit like french toast, which is not a bad thing.
- Make sure to mash the banana pretty well, you don't want giant chunks of banana. Some people said they put it in a blender for a few seconds but that it makes them thinner and more like crepes.
- You want to heat your pan at about a 4 and after you make the first batch turn it down to 3.
- It won't bubble like a normal pancake before its ready to be turned, the key it to look for the edges to turn lighter then its ready to flip
-These are supposed to be about this size of your fist, any bigger and they will be near impossible to flip
- 1 banana and 2 eggs makes about 7 small pancakes, which is intended to be 1 serving.

For nutritional info check out the Blogilates link above, and they also have an instructional video!

Top with butter and enjoy the easiest pancakes you'll ever make!
 photo MSSignaturePM_zpsae66abe2.png

2 comments:

Check it Out!

Link Within