Image Map

Friday, April 10, 2015

Delicious Dinner Rolls

Happy Friday Everyone!

I am here to share one of my recently discovered favorite recipes with you.


These are delicious and take hardly and time to whip up. What I love about them is that I can pretty much throw all the ingredients in my mixer with my dough hook and then I let them rise while I finish cooking dinner. So the original recipe is from here >>>>Kitchen Meets Girl

But i'm going to share it here along with the changes I made and what I do that results in those beautiful rolls you see pictured above.

The original recipe calls these "30 minute dinner rolls". With my changes these take about the same amount of time, which includes cooking for 10 minutes.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of warm water
  • ⅓ cup (6 TBSP) Melted Butter [REAL unsalted butter, not margarine]
  • 2 packets Rapid Rise Instant Yeast [I use Fleischmann's]
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3½ cups  all-purpose flour 

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees

Combine melted butter, sugar, and egg mix until combined (I do this by hand). Then combine the 2 packets of yeast with the 1 cup of warm water, give it a quick sir then toss it in with your butter, sugar, egg mixture. Next I add 2 cups of flour and pop it in my mixer with my dough hook on a medium speed until combined. *If you don't have a mixer you can do this by hand with a wooden spoon, I would not recommend doing this with a hand mixer as the dough is going to get quite thick. Then add the remaining amount of flour 1/2 cup at a time. 

Now once the flour is fully incorporated I grab the dough and knead it with my hand just a little while forming it into a ball. Then I put it back in the mixing bowl cover it, preferably with a kitchen towel, and I set it on top of my warm oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes I then grab a cookie sheet and start forming my dough into 12 balls. The pop them in the oven for 10 minutes or until they are golden brown on the top. Brush with melted butter and proceed to stuff into your mouth. :D


I hope y'all enjoy this dinner roll recipe as much as I do! For newbies at using yeast this is about as easy and simple as it gets and it's pretty difficult to mess up, just remember WARM water (not scalding, or boiling). 

ENJOY!
Image Map

1 comment:

Check it Out!

Link Within