Image Map

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Let's Talk About Hair

Ok so as you can tell from the pictures that I have posted thus far on my blog I have some pretty long hair. I haven't cut it since my junior year of high school minus a few trims and re-layering every so often. My hair is also dyed, because I like to keep it a slightly darker brown in the winter/ spring months. So after the last time I dyed my hair I went up and picked up some new shampoo & conditioner to use on my hair.
Before I was using:

Honestly I really like this shampoo and conditioner and I have had a great experience using it. I have had minor problems with dandruff over the years and this is the best thing I have used that 1. smells great & 2. actually keeps it under control. So with that said I have no idea what I was thinking when I switched brands.

I switched to this: 

Now let me say that I do not totally hate this shampoo. I actually think it smells really good and has done a good job of making my hair color last longer. But it has made my scalp dryer than a desert.

So I think what I learned from this is that I should not have totally ditched my Clear shampoo. I think I can still use the color shield shampoo and conditioner but only maybe once or twice a week. Because without the Clear shampoo my hair just isn't happy. And when my hair isn't happy it likes to tie itself into knots. (It's a fact and it sucks!) No matter how much I brush my hair before I go to bed unless I put it in a braid I wake up with 5000 little knots. If anyone has any helpful tips about keeping long hair knot free I would love to know! 

 photo MSSignaturePM_zpsae66abe2.png

1 comment:

  1. I use the Clear shampoo as well! Heidi got me with her commercials haha.

    ReplyDelete

Check it Out!

Link Within